Are you struggling with hair loss or want thicker, fuller hair? You’re not alone. For many of us, our hair starts to lose its youthful vitality as we age. Split ends, breakage, thinning, and loss of volume can leave our manes looking lackluster. But what if we told you there’s a completely natural way to restore your hair’s vitality?
Red light therapy is scientifically proven to stimulate hair growth, reduce shedding, and give you the mane you’ve always wanted. Keep reading to learn all about the benefits of using red light therapy for your hair and how it works.
What is Red Light Therapy?
Red light therapy, also known as low level laser therapy (LLLT), uses red light wavelengths to deliver energy to the cells. Red light penetrates deep into the skin and stimulates the cells and tissues.
Specifically for hair growth, red light therapy energizes the hair follicles. The light triggers increased ATP (adenosine triphosphate) production, which provides energy to the cells. This boost of cellular energy activates hair follicles and encourages dormant follicles to start regrowing hair.
So if your locks need a little lift, red light therapy could be the natural solution you’ve been looking for. The science says it can give your hair back its youthful vitality.
How Red Light Therapy Helps with Healthy Hair Growth?
Now that we’ve covered the basics of what red light therapy is, let’s explore the ways it can stimulate healthier hair growth:
Activates Hair Follicles
The red light penetrates deep into the scalp, down to the level of the hair follicles. The light activates metabolic processes in the hair follicles, energizing them to reverse miniaturization and start producing thicker, fuller hairs.
Red light boosts adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production, which provides energy to hair follicles. This reverses the miniaturization process and helps dormant follicles return to the growth phase.
Increases Blood Circulation
The light also enhances blood flow and circulation to the scalp and hair follicles. Improved circulation brings more nutrients and oxygen to hair follicles, creating optimal conditions for hair regrowth.
Vasodilation (expansion of blood vessels) occurs, which allows for efficient delivery of oxygen and nutrients. Waste products can also be removed more effectively.
Inflammation can inhibit hair growth and contribute to follicular miniaturization. Red light has anti-inflammatory effects that help reduce inflammation around the hair follicles.
This allows hair to grow unimpeded. Red light also accelerates cell turnover and repair, further reducing scalp inflammation.
Stimulates Cellular Repair and Renewal
The light stimulates fibroblasts which are involved in remodeling hair follicles. It also activates the mechanisms involved in tissue repair and regeneration.
This repairs damage to promote healthier hair growth. The high cellular activity and protein synthesis triggered by red light benefits overall hair quality and growth.
Increases Circulation in the Scalp
Better blood flow to the scalp ensures that the hair follicles receive adequate nutrients for optimal growth. Red light warms the scalp and helps expand blood vessels, increasing blood flow.
Stimulates Stem Cells in Hair Follicles
Red light is thought to target stem cells present in hair follicles. When stimulated by light, these stem cells activate and differentiate into the cells responsible for new hair growth.
The Benefits of Red Light Therapy for Hair
Now that we’ve looked at the ways red light promotes healthier hair, let’s summarize some of the key benefits:
- Hair regrowth – Red light therapy reverses miniaturization and stimulates inactive follicles to start regrowing thicker hairs. It can help treat genetic hair loss, alopecia areata, female/male pattern baldness, and other conditions.
- Prevents hair loss – By energizing follicles before they shrink, red light helps stop hair loss in its tracks. It’s an effective preventive treatment for those in early stages of pattern baldness.
- Thicker hair – As miniaturized follicles are reactivated, they will start producing fuller, thicker hairs instead of fine vellus hairs. Red light therapy over several months will increase overall density.
- Improved hair quality – Hair grows back looking shinier, softer, and healthier thanks to red light restoring hair follicles. The light also enhances blood flow and cell renewal for better quality hair.
- Supports hair growth treatments – Red light can be used with other proven hair restoration treatments like PRP or microneedling to enhance results. The light boosts the effects of these growth factors.
- Non-invasive and safe – It’s a chemical-free, hands-off treatment option with no downtime. Red light therapy is gentle with virtually no side effects. It can safely be used every day.
- Convenient at-home use – Red light devices allow you to stimulate hair growth from the comfort of home. No need to make frequent trips to the clinic.
And if you invest in an at-home red light device, you can enjoy the benefits for years to come. Most quality devices last thousands of hours, paying for themselves over time. Say goodbye to the hassle and frustration of endless styling products and embrace the ease of red light for your hair.
With all these benefits, it’s easy to see why red light therapy is creating such a buzz in the hair care world. And the advantages don’t stop there…
Red Light Therapy Hair Growth Studies
Dozens of studies have proven red light therapy stimulates hair growth and prevents hair loss. Here’s a look at some of the key research:
- A 2013 study showed that red light treatment stimulated hair growth in mice with chemotherapy-induced hair loss and alopecia areata.
- In a 2014 controlled trial, researchers found that red light therapy increased hair count in women with androgenic alopecia. After 16 weeks, the treatment group had a 37% increase in hair count.
- A 2018 randomized, double-blind trial found red light therapy to be an effective, safe, and well-tolerated treatment for male pattern baldness.
- A 2019 study showed that red light can increase the proliferation rate of dermal papilla cells. Promotes hair growth and reverses the miniaturization process in men with androgenic alopecia (AGA).
- A 2021 study found that low-intensity 650 nm red light promoted the proliferation of human hair follicles and concluded that 650 nm red light is the most effective and practical wavelength to stimulate hair growth through LLLT treatment.
The proven mechanisms and clinical results show red light therapy is a legitimate way to combat pattern balndness and alopecia areata.
When to Expect Results from Red Light Therapy?
How long until you see results from red light therapy? It depends on the person and severity of hair loss. But you can expect to notice a difference within 3-6 months.
Red light works by moving dormant follicles into the active growth phase. It takes time for those follicles to cycle through and produce new visible hairs. Treatments promote growth underground before it emerges on the scalp.
Most studies show it takes 24-30 weeks of consistent red light therapy to realize the full benefits. Be diligent about sticking to your treatment protocol. Stay consistent with 3-5 sessions per week for at least 6 months.
Around the 3 month mark, you should notice less hair shedding and thinning. Existing hairs will appear thicker as growth cycles rebound. By 6 months, new hair growth and density becomes noticeable.
The length of treatment required means red light therapy is better for boosting density versus growing long locks. Those with advanced baldness may need up to a year of treatment to achieve desired results.
Have realistic expectations about the degree of improvement based on your level of hair loss. Red light stimulates follicles still present but cannot regenerate follicles long gone. Manage expectations and be patient as you move follicles out of dormancy.
Red Light Therapy Hair Growth Before and After Photos
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. So rather than merely describing the hair thickening possible with red light therapy, here are some before and after photos:
As you can see, subjects experienced decreased thinning, thicker individual strands, regrowth at the hairline, and improved volume and shine. Your exact results depend on your genetics, hormone profile, age, and degree of hair loss. But these pictures demonstrate what’s achievable.
If you’re ready to restore your hair naturally, red light therapy can turn back the clock. Add RedDot LED devices to your hair care routine for healthier, thicker locks. So, why wait? Take the first step towards luscious locks by ordering the RedDot LED red light therapy device today!
Published by reddotled.com (Repost Tips)