Cold laser therapy harnesses specific wavelengths of light to energize your cells and stimulate healing. This non-invasive treatment can provide relief from many acute and chronic conditions without the risks of medication or surgery. If you’re looking for a proven, drug-free way to ease pain and promote your body’s natural self-healing abilities, cold laser deserves a closer look.
Source: The picture comes from the Internet
What is Cold Laser Therapy?
Cold laser therapy is a specific form of low-level laser therapy, is a treatment that utilizes specific wavelengths of light to interact with tissue and cells to help accelerate the healing process. The therapy uses lasers or light emitting diodes that emit light at certain wavelengths to target specific cells and organs. The laser light generates no heat, unlike hot lasers used in procedures like laser hair removal. That’s why it’s referred to as “cold” laser.
This therapy was discovered in 1967 by Hungarian scientist Dr. Endre Mester, who found that exposing cells to low-level lasers could accelerate wound healing . By in the 1970s, endodontist Dr. Robert O. Becker began researching laser therapy and found it could help regenerate tissue . Since then, cold laser therapy has been studied extensively and is used by healthcare practitioners for pain management, inflammation reduction, and tissue healing.
Today, cold laser therapy is cleared by the FDA as a safe, non-invasive treatment for pain relief and tissue repair. It’s offered by medical providers including dentists, chiropractors, physical therapists, and sports medicine clinics. At-home cold laser devices are also available, making this healing light therapy more accessible than ever.
How Does Cold Laser Therapy Work?
When the light from low-power lasers and LEDs interacts with cells and tissue, it triggers a series of physiological effects that reduce pain and inflammation and accelerate healing. But how exactly does this photobiomodulation work on a cellular level?
While more research is still needed to fully understand all the mechanisms, here is an overview of what we know so far:
Increasing Cellular Energy and Function
The photons from therapeutic lasers and LEDs are absorbed by mitochondria, which convert the light energy into ATP, the fuel source that powers cells. This boosts cellular energy production and activity. Cells heal and regenerate faster with more available energy.
Cold laser therapy helps decrease inflammation by lowering levels of inflammatory cytokines and increasing production of anti-inflammatory cytokines. It also reduces edema (fluid buildup) by enhancing lymphatic drainage.
Accelerating Tissue Repair
By increasing energy availability and reducing inflammation, cold laser therapy creates optimal conditions for damaged cells and tissue to regenerate faster. The light also stimulates fibroblasts to produce more collagen, enhancing the repair of wounds, muscles, tendons, and nerves.
Increasing Blood Circulation
Cold laser therapy expands blood vessels (vasodilation), improving circulation to bring more oxygen and nutrients to damaged, painful areas so they can heal faster.
Those are the primary ways therapeutic light facilitates tissue repair and pain relief at the cellular level. The cumulative effect is a powerful, side-effect-free therapy that can accelerate recovery from many conditions.
Source: The picture comes from the Internet
What does cold laser therapy do?
Cold laser therapy is used to treat a wide variety of acute and chronic conditions. The most common uses include:
– Pain management – arthritis, back pain, muscle strains, nerve conditions
– Inflammatory conditions – tendinitis, ligament tears, swelling, bruising
– Skin problems – wounds, ulcers, burns, scars
– Autoimmune disorders – fibromyalgia, thyroiditis
– Neurological issues – nerve damage, numbness, neuropathy
– Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ)
– Sports injuries – sprains, fractures, repetitive motion injuries
– Postsurgical healing and rehabilitation
Pros and Cons of Cold Laser Therapy
Here are some of the main advantages and potential disadvantages of cold laser therapy:
– Non-invasive and drug-free
– Little to no side effects
– Safe for long-term and repeated use
– Reduces need for medication and surgery
– Affordable over multiple treatments
– Can be done in short sessions
– Multiple treatments usually needed for best results
– Effects are temporary; maintenance treatments needed
– Results and effectiveness can vary by individual
Is cold Laser Therapy Safe?
Cold laser therapy is very gentle and considered extremely safe. There are minimal side effects when proper protocols and eye safety precautions are followed. Potential side effects include:
– Mild pain or discomfort during treatment – this normally resolves quickly
– Temporary redness, swelling or itching of the skin
– Dizziness or headache – more common with laser acupuncture
– Eye injury – always wear provided safety goggles
Use of lasers is avoided or requires adjustments in the following situations:
– Photosensitive conditions
– Patients on light-sensitive medications
Cold laser therapy is a safe, drug-free option for many painful conditions and injuries. It’s a non-invasive treatment that usually doesn’t have any major side effects. Most people can benefit from cold laser therapy.
Reasons to Choose RedDot LED Light Therapy Device
There are many reasons to choose a RedDot LED light therapy device for your cold laser therapy needs. Here’s why RedDot is a top choice:
– RedDot LED light therapy devices are FDA-cleared and strict quality standards.
– RedDot LED light therapy devices are portable and easy to use.
– RedDot LED light therapy devices are affordable and come with a 3-year warranty.
Investing in your health is important. RedDot LED Device delivers the safest, most advanced red light therapy available directly to your home. Experience cold laser therapy’s natural healing power for yourself with an innovative RedDot device. Regain your active, healthy lifestyle. The healing light is here – you just need to unlock its benefits for your body.
RDPRO300 300W LED red light therapy panel for face and skin careRead more
RDPRO1500 1500W LED red light therapy device with timer and touch screenRead more
RDPRO3000 LED Red Light Therapy Product with Timer and Touch ScreenRead more
RDPRO6000 LED Red Light Therapy Equipment with APP ControlRead more
Published by reddotled.com (Repost Tips)