Red Light Therapy for Arthritis
Table of Contents
- 1 Red Light Therapy for Arthritis
- 2 Is Red Light Therapy Good for Arthritis
- 3 Stimulates Mitochondrial Energy Production
- 4 Red Light Therapy for Osteoarthritis
- 5 Red Light Therapy for Hip Arthritis
- 6 Red Light Therapy for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 7 Treat Arthritis at Home Using Red Light Therapy Devices
Is Red Light Therapy Good for ArthritisRed light therapy has become the go-to treatment for those suffering from arthritis in recent times. It uses a spectrum of visible light which helps provide beneficial changes to cellular activity. The best thing about red light therapy is the fact that it is completely safe and gentle. It even offers therapeutic benefits without having to deal with the side effects of exposure to the sun. The most effective therapeutic wavelength for reducing inflammation and pain caused by arthritis ranges from 600 nm to 850 nm. The procedure stimulates cellular energy production and offers a ton of benefits. Its healing effects have been well-documented. When red light penetrates into the skin, you will experience gentle warmth that is rather soothing. However, the real benefits are at the cellular level. As light is absorbed by the tissue, it stimulates a positive chain reaction which reduces inflammation and restores proper joint functioning.
Stimulates Mitochondrial Energy ProductionOne of the ways red light therapy helps arthritis patients is by stimulating mitochondrial energy production. The mitochondria are tiny energy centers in each cell. They are the batteries that power each cell. The mitochondria are responsible for providing fuel for all cellular processes. They tend to be responsive to light. In fact, mitochondria stimulation is quite similar to photosynthesis. The red photons enter the cells and stimulate the production of ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) which is a high-energy molecule. As more cellular energy is produced, it helps improve performance. Thus, you will end up feeling full of energy. At peak cellular functioning, you can expect a strong immune system, improved overall health, longevity, increased physical energy, and reduced inflammation. Acute inflammation is part of our healing. However, chronic inflammation prevents proper healing and causes autoimmune disorders like rheumatoid arthritis. To promote healing, it is necessary to reduce chronic inflammation. Inflammation is reduced by a red light as it stimulates cellular regeneration and repair. As for NIR light, it is absorbed by the body and helps reduce inflammation in the knees and joints.
Increased Collagen ProductionAnother great thing that red light therapy does is that it helps increase collagen production. Collagen is an essential protein that gives the skin its appearance. It is also a critical component for connective tissue and muscles. The connective tissue helps connect bones and offers a lubricated surface that ensures that joints can easily bend. Besides this, it even cushions the joints so that they are able to carry the weight of your body without causing damage to your bones. By increasing collagen production, the cartilage is healed. Research shows that red light therapy does an incredible job at increasing the thickness of cartilage, reducing osteoarthritis pain, and regeneration. It has also been found that red light therapy can treat tears in our meniscus which is located in the knee joints.
Boosts Blood FlowNext, red light therapy helps increase blood flow which ensures that oxygen and nutrients are brought to the affected region. It allows for waste materials to be removed which contributes to inflammation. Besides this, red light therapy is also responsible for stimulating capillaries formation. It is clear that red light has a healing effect on the body. The soothing heat penetrates into the cellular level which stimulates photochemical reactions in the cells. This creates a positive chain reaction in the functioning of the body.
Red Light Therapy for OsteoarthritisThere have been plenty of studies that highlight the effectiveness of red light therapy for treating osteoarthritis.
- Osteoarthritis Knee Pain: Knee pain affects our quality of life and prevents us from performing normal activities. It results in us having to sit down and makes standing up extremely difficult. Osteoarthritis affects both the young and old. Through red light therapy, it is possible to decrease the pain and reduce the duration of treatment. Within just a week of receiving the treatment, patients benefit from considerable pain reduction and improved joint mobility. Besides, red light also decreases chronic knee pain.
- Osteoarthritis Finger and Wrist Pain: Pain, deformity, swelling, and loss of function in the wrists and fingers can be disabling. It would affect your quality of life significantly. Studies show that red light therapy has the ability to ease the symptoms over time.
- Osteoarthritis Back Pain, Shoulder, Jaw, and Neck: Osteoarthritis even affects the back vertebrae and neck. There are some people that even suffer from arthritis in the jaw. This is why it is important to give red light therapy a try as it can help reduce the pain.
Red Light Therapy for Hip ArthritisAll forms of arthritis of the hip may permanently damage the hip joint. While osteoarthritis is more common in older people, there are forms of arthritis that affect younger people. Fortunately, there are things that can be done to help minimize the effect of arthritis, and we are glad to use red light therapy for hip arthritis.
Red Light Therapy for Rheumatoid ArthritisRed light therapy can also treat rheumatoid arthritis. Although RA can be complex as addressing its root cause can be difficult, the treatment can prove beneficial. Studies show that red light therapy improves inflammatory response and reduces RA pain considerably. Patients tend to benefit from an increase in flexibility and a decrease in morning stiffness.
Treat Arthritis at Home Using Red Light Therapy DevicesNow that you know about the ability of red light therapy to treat pain and inflammation of arthritis, it is time that you considered using a red light device to treat yourself. Make sure to purchase a device from a reputable brand such as RedDot LED for the best results while ensuring that you follow specific exercises. A quality device will deliver the best light output and ensure that your body absorbs it for quick treatment. By combining red and NIR lights, you can ensure maximum therapeutic results.